Remote Technical Support Engineer. US Employer, full time, work from anywhere.
Cosmogence is a platform that provides remote Technical Support Engineer jobs that allow you to work from anywhere for companies in Canada and the United States.
Cosmogence is looking to fill remote Technical Support Engineer for our US based clients who are interested in hiring remote, full-time employees from around the world to be a part of their team. You should have a penchant for excellence with a proven track-record of successfully delivering high quality work, be a lifelong learner, have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and have excellent English skills.
The specific technologies, years of experience and job requirements will vary depending on the client you are hired by, so we are open to a variety of skill types and levels of experience. We’re looking for the best of the best–if you think that’s you, we encourage you to apply! Once you submit your profile, you will undergo our vetting process, and will be considered for a variety of clients. We will match you based on your interests, desired compensation, and their needs.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer ready to help build a seamless technical support process. Reporting to the Director of Customer Operations, the role will be responsible for ensuring an excellent customer experience. As the tier1 support contact you will be working with customers who are experiencing operational issues or needing services. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology stacks and industry leaders in the fields of mobile networking, cloud computing and software defined networking backed by a team of veteran engineers and architects.
• 6+ years of SaaS and Cloud software customer support experience, preferably to worldwide customers
• Strong Linux networking knowledge, including supporting Linux based applications
• Knowledge of REST API’s and basic browser debugging (network calls, statuses, etc.)
• Working knowledge of scripting (BASH, Python) is beneficial
• Experience with deploying and troubleshooting highly scalable systems
• Exposure/understanding of Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
• Network troubleshooting and enterprise platform experience
• Telecommunications experience is beneficial
• Ability to identify issues, analyze complex situations and provide a clear status on issues
• Excellent customer facing communication skills
• Ability to multitask and flexibility for on-call rotations
• Strong work ethic and a team player
• Strong technical instinct when dealing with customer issues and escalations
• Enjoy learning new things
• Provide dedicated customer support via email, and customer portal requests
• Performing real-time detection of abnormalities with NMS tools such as DataDog or Prometheus, and log collectors such as Splunk, Sentry, etc.
• Troubleshoot customer system errors and complex technical problems
• Log, track, respond, prioritize, and resolve issues
• Work with team to meet or exceed SLA commitments
• Handle critical issues, determining the need for escalations
• Participate in the installation and deployment
• Update support Wiki and knowledge base content
Become a part of cosmogence talent pool.